Accueil Devenir membre de la legion Connexion au forum
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:34 am

Advanced search

Post subject: The Chinese Market / Medieval Market - Joint Set
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 pm 
Wannabe

The Chinese Market.

Attachment:
File comment: The Medieval Chinese Market.
progressbanner.jpg
progressbanner.jpg [ 75.27 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

Reallusion.com have released a stunning Chinese VIllage Market suite whcih promises, at last, to bring China into the vein of their Animation. It's been the missing link for some years now and finally the buildings add theme from the East.
Being slightly biased for this style I have finally managed to open and examine the buildings and see where modification and embellishment will enhance.

My first building is the Restaurant. Seen here in basic form.

Attachment:
File comment: The Medieval Chinese Market
progress1.jpg
progress1.jpg [ 165.74 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

Beautiful wooden style, though for me, I want a more suited wooden appearance for the ancience of my set.

So, editing this prop was easy. The texture opens and all areas of its structure can be accessed.
This is my take on their Restaurant the way I'll use it. Pauperous, but at the same time, displays elegance and flambouyance.

Attachment:
progress3.jpg
progress3.jpg [ 161.33 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

As you can see I've retextured the roofing and added Corridoors along the outer perimeter with an extended (Stretched) straight for the access points.
I see why the grey slate roofing was added, it contrasts and lfts the appearance but I will do that with lanterns and the people, be they a mixture of CHinese and Japanese, will be incredibly beautifully dressed to contrast the pauper-feel of the village and better emphasis the silken abilities.

While this is a clash of interests historically, the whole purpose of the Animation is to display variance and cotnrast potential.

Attachment:
File comment: The Medieval Chinese Market.
progress6.jpg
progress6.jpg [ 160.77 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

With Pillars and supports the 1st flor extentions will self-support and will allow lanterns from the corners to break away from the symetry of the others on the ground floors.
The beauty of this kit is its modularity and ability to edit the widnows as you wish. Perosonally I would prefer everything its made of to be "dissassemblable" but for the moment I'm hapy with this and can utilise most props as efficiently.

Some of the Props only allow partial editing of the texture. on "Launch" some areas are predominantly fixed. Most aren't. WHile this isnt too much of a drawback, what it DOES do is force the animator to use the architecture of iClone from scratch and this isnt a bad thing because this suite of CHinese Village Props can very easily be enhanced and beautified as I'll show later.
Attachment:
progress8.jpg
progress8.jpg [ 206.13 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

Here we can see the original (in the background) and my edited version in the fore. I plan on re-creating all the rofing anyway as I wish for that older sloped curled aerchitecture of Chinese yore and it will better suit the antiquity of the villages initial appearance.

The next phase then, is to create walls, roofing and embellishments of the roofs framework and corners.
Attachment:
File comment: Example of roofing.
Chinese_Architecture_05_01.jpg
Chinese_Architecture_05_01.jpg [ 148.8 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

Here we can see gentle slope roofing though not heavily embellished.

Attachment:
Chinese Roof 1.jpg
Chinese Roof 1.jpg [ 22.92 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

And here seen is a better angle that dispalys the unmistakeable Chinese style.

Attachment:
progress9.jpg
progress9.jpg [ 56.71 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

To begin with, then, I need a suite of these rooves. In order to roof the walling and buildings I need a templated set of architecture I can progeess with.

The Chinese REALLY know how to Build Rooves so it's very important that, even in medieval times, I represent their enthusiasm for roofing correctly. Not to say Reallusion Haven't, but that I am working from an alternate state or representation where I need massive impact from style, coupled with unmistakeability.
Attachment:
progress10.jpg
progress10.jpg [ 157.18 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

There's no way I'm going to try anything this flambouyant. :o But I wanted to show just why the roofing is so important.

To the Chinese the roof represents security and life's prosperity. There is never a single leak in one of these rooves. Looking through the search engines using the term "old chinese roof" will reveal decorative architecture second to nothing else on earth.
So, I need some dragons and dragon heads to flower the tips and corners. ELsewise I shall make some curved roofing and fight for a downtoned wooden feel to most of whats to come.

I thought I'd share this insight, as, with the coming three weeks work on this addition to the Market place I have already created, the final effect will be a superior set.
One where it is Autumn and Winter on one side of the River in the West and one where it is Spring and Summer in the East.

I hope this entertained and inspired.
The following posts will be more concise and display the props I create to match my imagination. All architecture wil be 100% standard iClone Architecture primitives.

Armstrong.

Attachments:
progress2.jpg
progress2.jpg [ 167.53 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]
progress4.jpg
progress4.jpg [ 160.4 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]
progress5.jpg
progress5.jpg [ 156.67 KiB | Viewed 21191 times ]

Post subject: Re: The Chinese Market / Medieval Market - Joint Set
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:16 pm 
Wannabe

The Roof Downwards.

Oddly I was dissappointed with the roof making process.
I tried using a tex on a transparentised inner sphere. It worked beautifully except for the fact that the transparency and texture settings of the spheres blank were teether and odd and it didnt finish well.
I tried again on an half sphere. Same issue. No go.
I tried again on simple blocks resizing them to suit. Not good enough. Good but not enough.

So in the end I went into bit by bit mode which I hoped I could avoid as time is of the essence.
And I gained the below after a days experimentation.

If we take six simple segments of roof...
Attachment:
File comment: Building Blocks - Chinese Roof Segments BEFORE Embellishments.
finalroof1.jpg
finalroof1.jpg [ 156.11 KiB | Viewed 21166 times ]

TWIN SIDE...

Attachment:
finalroof2.jpg
finalroof2.jpg [ 196.39 KiB | Viewed 21166 times ]

RIGHT SIDE...

Attachment:
finalroof3.jpg
finalroof3.jpg [ 185.71 KiB | Viewed 21166 times ]

LEFT SIDE...

Attachment:
finalroof4.jpg
finalroof4.jpg [ 199.44 KiB | Viewed 21166 times ]

CENTER BLANK...

Attachment:
finalroof5.jpg
finalroof5.jpg [ 184.37 KiB | Viewed 21166 times ]

TRI-END...

Attachment:
finalroof6.jpg
finalroof6.jpg [ 165.88 KiB | Viewed 21166 times ]

UPPER BASE...

Attachment:
finalroof7.jpg
finalroof7.jpg [ 227.45 KiB | Viewed 21166 times ]

We successfully have the raw means to create whatever kind of roofing we require.
Just these six pieces assembled as you will allow a good scope of variability.
I'm happy with this.
It's a bit crude, but can be textured as any coloured tile and reed very simply and my key issuie is size as the village will be quite a size and the embellishments will suck away the memory like Chinese Kisses.

Now to Embellish them and give them a richer but restrained ornate feel.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 pm 
Wannabe

Small Embellishments - Humble - Wooden - Painted.

After much scanning of the olden styles in China's distant history I decided or a traditional Wooden Dragon for the roof embellishments overall though I have some lotus also.
Here seen as a simple small tri-roof system and then added to the Reallusion "edited" buildings to see how they fare. They blend well.
I'm happy.
I can embellish the others now and start on the walls next.

Just to remind, even though this is very basic in structure, I've tried hard to keep fiule sizes way down as many buildings will be in shot. TO add, nothing outside iClones standard architecture and primitives has been used aside from the graphics. Just for newcomers to realise.

I could have used sketchup and imported free buildings created by someone else. But.... that's not what I want. I want this entire animation to have been created by me. It feels better. It looks better being my way.

Attachment:
File comment: Tri Roof Ends - Small Ends embellished
Ornate Chinese Roof Tri.jpg
Ornate Chinese Roof Tri.jpg [ 221.68 KiB | Viewed 21165 times ]

With small embellishments and wooden dragons created on plane-B primitives in iClone Standard issue. Lifts rooves to more resemble ancient Chinese buildings.

Next phase is to build walls, windows and shutters with doors. Then I can assemble the boats.

Armstrong.

Attachments:
File comment: Tri Roof Ends - Small Ends embellished
Ornate Chinese Roof Tr Insitui.jpg
Ornate Chinese Roof Tr Insitui.jpg [ 217.42 KiB | Viewed 21165 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm 
Wannabe

Walls and Windows.

Using 100% iClone architecture and objects (as Supplied with all versions) I hope to create a complimentary village to Reallusions Chinese Village Market Suite.
In making the basic elements, roof, doors, windows, walls, embellishments, paths, fences, pedestals, foundations, decking and so on, the final buildings promise to look as ornate as they are beautiful.
We hope!!!

Attachment:
File comment: Simple Walls and Complex Windows Construction
Walls and Windows.jpg
Walls and Windows.jpg [ 283.62 KiB | Viewed 21163 times ]

Today... Simple walls and windows.

Progress is good so far. Currently I am in emergency peremises as the original studio I leased turned out to have a bad humidity level such that I was extracting over 24 pints of water a day. Further investigation proved a rogue agent and what amounts to a pond cellar underneath the foundations. I await new premises to become available.

For now, though, hook or by crook, I plan to finish this animation one ay and another.
Attachment:
File comment: Simple Walls and Complex Windows Construction
Walls and Windows detail.jpg
Walls and Windows detail.jpg [ 263.64 KiB | Viewed 21163 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 pm 
Wannabe

Doors and Catches.

The next stage from here after Doors are Shutters. This way we have a system where we can have ornate glass windows doors or twin doors, or simply shuttered down closed doors and windows.
The designs have all been taken from actual images serched for throughout the internet.
Attachment:
File comment: Doors and Windows. Shutters next.
doors.jpg
doors.jpg [ 277.39 KiB | Viewed 21153 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Monuments
chinese_architecture_and_culturea75c79861fe33a4466eb.jpg
chinese_architecture_and_culturea75c79861fe33a4466eb.jpg [ 54.93 KiB | Viewed 21153 times ]

For now, we have doors.
Next..... Gateways and Monuments.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 pm 
Wannabe

CHINESE MONUMENTS

I was particularly impressed by Reallusions inclusion of a mOnument in thir Chinese Riverside Village Pack. Having always been impresed by these in real life I thought I would venture my effort to make some with the architecture and primitives in iClone as stanbard.
Here are my efforts.

Attachment:
File comment: Chinese Monuments Gateways.
monuments_2.jpg
monuments_2.jpg [ 215.62 KiB | Viewed 21148 times ]

The impact of them is stunning in situ. I have an old picture of a very ancient one in wood. I think I'll venture it at the end of the essentials.

Attachment:
File comment: Chinese Monuments Gateways.
monuments_1.jpg
monuments_1.jpg [ 296.88 KiB | Viewed 21148 times ]

And here are the trio. I thought one large and one smaller. These I have sene in rows along roads some seven deep spaced about a quarter mile apart in China. They can stand about 50 feet high and more. Very impressive and they make a wonderfully powerful statement.

Armstrong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm 
Wannabe

Chinese Monument Town Square - Actual Monument

Scanning through some of my archives I saw this intrigueing Monument.
I wasn't sure of the characters and so instead I used an ancient Chinese Couplet from about 1200 bc instead from one of my Couplet Archives by Professor T. C. Lei.

There are some texture difficulties I encountered but in genral for something that's BG content in a scene it comes across as dirty, old and sacred anyway.

Attachment:
File comment: Chinese Monument 2 - Designed from Chinese Image
Chinese_Monument_2.jpg
Chinese_Monument_2.jpg [ 263.2 KiB | Viewed 21141 times ]

For me this is useable. Not very complex but, again, created 100% from the iClone building blocks.

Armstrong.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:39 pm 
Wannabe

[vtable]
Corridoors and Outside Seating Structures.

Just looking through the Reallusion pack I noticed the corridoors didnt have a Wall Roof Corridoor. You could embed half the structure into the wall but on a very large set this might chew up alot of available ram if youre squeezing things tight.

Attachment:
File comment: Corridoors - Half Segments - Modular Curvature - Coarse
corridoors_multi_format_modularity.jpg
corridoors_multi_format_modularity.jpg [ 300.18 KiB | Viewed 21131 times ]

So I have included all the parts, as usual, and also half corridoors so that walls and buildings can have the old style roofing outside. It works well, looks nice and has been made in pale pine, Bamboo and Red Slate. I wanted a contrast to ominosity.

I've also done some half Corridoors in seating version also. One step closer to completion.

Accomplished so far...
Seating,
Coridoors
Half Corridoors
Multi Modular Roofing
Door Handles
Walls (House)
Monuments (Triple / Double)
Windows
Twin Windows
Tall French Windows
Doors
Twin Doors
Roof Ornamentation

Required:
Wall Ornamentation
Decking
Floor Tiling / Bricks
Pedestallics
"Garden" Walling.
Lanterns & Woodwork ornamentation / Garden.[/vtable]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:39 pm 
Wannabe

[vtable]
GARDEN WALLING

Some designs are a little on the Japanese side but considering historically almost everything Japanese originated in China anyway I thought it held a valid theme.
These are easy to edit and swing about. I think I've allowed for all eventualities. In use I simply add in what I would consider good composition. But everybody's different.
Garden Walling is now complete.

Attachment:
File comment: Chinese_Garden_Walling_Oriental_Garden_Design
Garden Walls Super Variants.jpg
Garden Walls Super Variants.jpg [ 294.18 KiB | Viewed 21130 times ]

Attachment:
Garden Walls Super Variantsc.jpg
Garden Walls Super Variantsc.jpg [ 252.23 KiB | Viewed 21130 times ]

Attachment:
Garden Walls Super Variantsb.jpg
Garden Walls Super Variantsb.jpg [ 232.35 KiB | Viewed 21130 times ]

Armstrong.[/vtable]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 pm 
Wannabe

Garden Walls and Open Spaces.

[vtable]Toying about with the Garden elements I think Ill make some typical Flower Bed boxes though I dont know what their names are but theyre very shallow.
Current projects are smaller gates and simple garden fencing.
Attachment:
File comment: Chinese Japanese Garden System Look at
Garden Construct 1c.jpg
Garden Construct 1c.jpg [ 178.09 KiB | Viewed 20912 times ]

Although the Gardens would never be this cramped I wanted to see how they appeared together with a small play on light and atmosphere, Ambient Occusion, HDR blooms and so on. Sometimes things can be very temperamental and a little unexpected. Currently it all looks tasty.
Now for some finer stonework details.

Attachment:
File comment: Chinese Japanese Garden System Look at
Garden construct 2d.jpg
Garden construct 2d.jpg [ 145.77 KiB | Viewed 20912 times ]

being able to see through walls and having walls that are nothing more than a holder for a window as if it frames the surrounding landscape has historically been a very large part of Chinese garden design. So with this characteristic in mind Ive tried to make everything "see past-able" so that at no real time is the observer locked into a place where they cannot see beyond.

It is almost as if the Chinese from way ancient times wanted everything framed be it by a tree growing tall and boughing or a wooden structure that had windowlike apertures.
Whatever the way they deemed beautiful, I'll see if I can follow it as best I can.
It's a shame Earth Sculptor doesnt handle very high ground graphics because I have a Chinese Garden Design Book written published in about 1957 that has garden plans of CHinese landscaped gardens and I cannot really use it because IO dont have the means to tier the land as required. This is an irritance.

I wish iClone had the ability to make its own , if simple, landscape graduations.

Armstrong.[/vtable]

Advanced search