Accueil Devenir membre de la legion Connexion au forum
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 am

Advanced search

Post subject: AnimationFestivals.com. Something new? refreshing? Maybe!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Currently looking through AnimationFestivals.com I notice that The World Festival of Animated Film is in ZAGREB just across the way from Scotland. Considering that it's now 30 years old plus it should have gained enough credibility to be considered worthy of attendance.
Its got a reputation of being the most significant event in the domain of animated film, Animafest, which is the foundation of the Zagreb's school of animations' roots.

I dont see many films coming from it with that wordless speechlessness many seek, but what I do see is impressive. I dont like the main award being a "Golden Pram" of all things to choose. (Talk about belittle the work involved to even enter the competition... Sheesh!) but before that it was the Golden bib!!!

But... being approved by the ASIFA and founded by the City of Agreb and the Production studio Zagreb Film we can at the very least expect to see something worthy of the journey to get there.
Can't we? Yes of course we can. Many old style Russian animation is very reminiscent of the early pioneering popeye cartoons of olde and currently some still retain that flavour.

One such work that always caught my eye from about the 1920's was this...
THIS FILM CLICK HERE TO SEE.
Early Russian cartoon: The Returned Sun.

You need to watch it all the way through to understand the degree of work that's gone into this.
Regarding determination and gut hardheadedness... this has to take all medals for achievement.

If I go to this festival I'll do a post in here of what caught my eye the most.

Armstrong.

Attachments:
animation_iclonia.png
animation_iclonia.png [ 15.22 KiB | Viewed 4635 times ]

Advanced search